Sunday, March 23, 2014

KEEPIN it CLASSSSSHY

I can’t even begin to tell y’all about the amazingness of the Lords hand in my life right now!!!!!....aaaand that was a really bad sentence, (but I’m sure you know what I mean). I spent this past weekend auditioning for BETsSunday Best (click on words to see link )  and all I can say.... is that either God has a bad sense of humor and is playing a huge joke on me, or I can actually really sing or something?!? I don’t know which of the two it is, but whatever the case... I made it all the way to the end (of Atlanta)!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH.... I will post more about it later...

As for today’s Sunday thought ... (which if you don’t know, I always give a Sunday thought on Instagram) I thought I would share something that the speaker in sacrament spoke on today. She referred to a scripture that I have always loved, but for some reason, it really resonated with me today. The scripture was in Ether 12 vs. 27.... #thisisscripturemasterypeople

“And if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness, that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things strong unto them.”

As she read this scripture, I couldn’t help but to think of the Sunday Best Competition yesterday. It was so intimidating and humbling to compete against such “Strong” singers. I mean, my voice aint no power house. Honestly in comparison, you could say, my voice is “weak”. But as the speaker read that scripture in sacrament today, I realized that in some kind of way, having a “weak” voice has been a blessing in my life. I have learned to work really really .....REALLY hard on many of the other components of music. ..composition...styling.....etc.. And at the end of the day, the Lord  made voice "strong" ... IN HIS OWN WAY.                                               
#AMEN?!

As for today’s actual Sunday best look, here it is! One big Heather Clash! Ha!(I will do a blog on Mixing Prints soon) ...  but in all honesty, I was on hundred percent, so tired today, that I really just threw everything on, put my hair in a bun, and just decided I would 
KEEP IT CLASSSSSSHY! 
#dontjudgeme#9amchurch

Happy Sunday Y’all!
Love you all!


Heather Parker





Blouse: OLD NAVY
Skirt: Charolette Rousse
Shoes: ZARA
Purse: Thrifted
Earings: Thrifted
Jacket: Thrifted








Another Mixed Print from a few weeks Ago! 

Blazer: Thrifted
Shoes: OLD NAVY
Skirt: Swap Meet ( Nordstrom Brand)
Necklace: F21





1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You are so talented. And I love the way you put outfits together!

    ReplyDelete