Monday, March 17, 2014

Like an Ice Cream Truck Rollin though the Hood

Happy Green Day everyone! I must admit, I am looking forward to seeing all of the Green posts on Instagram today! Maybe I’m kind of a looser for that? But eh, I can’t help myself! I mean seriously, Moms always have such fun crafts, and foods to share. My original plan for St. Patricks Day was to make, and post, a fun green breakfast,.. buuuuuuuut we ended up taking a random trip to North Carolina. And well, Grandma and Grandpa don’t really care about St. Patricks day...at all... Lol.
 (So ex-nay on the breakfast thing) 
..#andextrapinchesforthem!
 Anyway, with that said, I guess all I have to show for this St. Patricks day is a little bit of fashion!

I found this Green skirt about a year ago, at the tiniest thrift store down South (near Union City GA).  I was looking through racks and racks of junk, and happened to see the littlest inch of vibrant green fabric, peeking out, ... and well,... like an Ice cream truck rollin through the Hood, I was immediately attracted to it! - I knew right away, because of the print and make, that it was African- so of course I HAD to have it. ( I pretty much love all things #AFRICAN)

Anyway, for the past year I have had this green skirt it in a bag in my closet.. And I have been so frustrated (ok maybe that’s an exaggeration) but I have been so stuck on how to style it! I have looked and looked for things to pair with it, but I’ve never been able to come up with anything! #yallknowhowthatgoes ... Anyway, after studying a few other stylist, It finally came to me!  A jean shirt would work with it!
 And so I went on a mission to find a jean shirt! Sadly, after looking and looking around for a jean shirt... I learned that most jean shirts were way over my MOM BUDGET. So I eventually decided I would just start looking at some Goodwill ‘s. (After all, I am a pro when it comes to goodwillin’).. And so the story goes..

Well, after about a week or so of looking, low and behold.. I finally found my jeanish looking collared shirt!  (#yaye)  It wasn’t like the jean shirt I had originally hoped for, but well, when you’re a thrifter like me, you make the best of what you find. And to be honest, at the end of the day, I actually think I like this shirt way better!#GODreallydoesanswerprayers! Lol (even random Mom -needing- a jean shirt -prayers lol )  The best part is, ...that it is made by Anne Taylor, (one of my favorite brands) so the quality is great!     #SCORE#doubleblessings

And the moral of the story is: dunduhnadun......Not only am I super confident that I will be getting a lot of use out of this shirt, I also didn’t break the bank!

  # Booyah! Raise yah hands and say#AMEN ladies! 

So here’s my advice: If you are like me, and have a few fun skirts out there, and can’t figure out how to style them, I would totally recommend trying the jean shirt slash collared shirt thing! Goodwill always has a pretty sizable “collared shirt section”, so I would recommend looking around Goodwill or DI if you don’t want to spend over 25.00 on a collared shirt or jean blouse.
 In my opinion, Jean shirts, and collared shirts are perfect for church, they always seem to add a little bit of caj.. ( casual ) to those formal pieces, and they are classic pieces that will get a lifetime of use!  
     Happy St. Patty’s Day Y’all
 ( It’s cooler to say “Patty’s" than Patricks right?)
  I love you all!
  -Heather Parker


Collared Shirt: Good Will ( Anne Taylor)
Skirt: “Mom and Pops” Thrift Store ( African made)
Belt: Target
Shoes: JC PENNY outlet



 I also styled the skirt with some red. This look is a little more Mom Friendly, and easier to wear for church 
                                                              #chasingababy#flats
                                                    



   Shoes and Purse are both Thrifted!



And Last but not least here is little Tred on St. Patricks Day today! He’s getting so big!!!!!! AGHHHH!


Ha ha #FIRSTTIMER



1 comment:

  1. That last photo of Tred is too cute!!

    I like the bright color burst of red on yo' feet, Miss Heatha! I'm definitely on board the whole denim-shirt-with-collar train. I like!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete