Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Overly Festive Mom

Holidays are so much funner ( <---yes I know that's grammatically incorrect) with kids! Kids allow you to feel fine about being as "corny" as you want to be (... and us Moms sure do like to be Corny). We have a million crafts, and decorations, and our husbands think we are "on one" when we stress out about coordinating every detail of each costume. At the end of the day us Moms know its worth it, and that all that time and effort ain't for nuthin! We know that years and years down the road when our kids grow up and move out that they (and we) will be so glad we forced them to take pictures, and that we made them do all of those overly festive crafts.

 I am beginning to learn that a great portion of taking on the role of "Mom" is CREATING a fun and memorable childhood... because these moments are more than costumes... they are more than candy, they are memories..

 ..and well, when I really think about it.. maybe part of why we Moms do all of this overly festive stuff  we do, is  because our Moms once made us do it too.. and we are able to re -live a portion of our fondest childhood memories through our children... 

( just some food for thought!)


At any rate I am super excited  this year, because I finally have a child  to decorate!!!! 
..which means: 
1. I have a great excuse to try and get all of the Reeses Pieces candy I can,
 and
 2. I can be as "Over the top" as I want to be! YIPEEE! 

I hope y'all are as excited as me. Here are a few pre- halloween pix!

 We wore this to the trunk or treat this weekend! 



Can you guess what Tred was?! LOL


Yes Maam! Ugly Sweater and all! I LOVE these home made sweaters!!!

( I am going to do a style post on this sweater as well!)


The Parker FAM BAM  Halloween 2013
#pumpkinorama !


A little family shot before we went to the trunk or treat! Antioni for sure had the coolest Shirt of the night! That pumpkin actually lights up!!!!!! #thriftingbenifits!



1 comment:

  1. Pumpkins are like my fav thing in the world I think! I have convinced my kids that they love carving, eating, and dressing like them just as much as I do! Great Job Heather! Its true...holidays are so much more fun when you have kids to celebrate them with! Family life=the Good Life!

    ReplyDelete